There are a number of ways in which individuals can support the work of PEN Canada to advance literature and vigilantly protect freedom of expression, at home and around the world. You can:
- Join PEN Canada
- Come out to one of our exciting Ideas in Dialogue or other literary and educational events
- Stay informed by subscribing to our newsletter, following us Twitter or liking us on Facebook
- Take action by writing a letter or signing a petition on behalf of an imprisoned PEN Canada Honorary Member
- Make a donation
- Become a patron and make a sustained contribution while receiving unique benefits
- Sponsor a literary event
- Invite a PEN spokesperson and writer into your classroom to talk to students (elementary school through to university) about free expression matters
- Volunteer by becoming an advocate for an imprisoned writer, accompany a writer in exile to his or her refugee hearing, sharing your expertise on one of our committees, helping out at our events, or more…
If you would like to talk to someone about how you can get involved in a way that is meaningful to you, please contact the PEN Office Manager, Pari Rajagopalan, at 416.703.8448 x25 or prajagopalan(at)pencanada.ca.
Free expression matters. Your involvement does make a difference.