PEN Canada is sponsoring the 2023 Digital Media at the Crossroads (DM@X) online conference being held on Friday, January 20 and Saturday, January 21, from noon to 5 pm EST each day.
This is the ninth annual DM@X conference and it will feature major speakers focusing on the future of content in digital media. Over the two-day conference, over ten topics will be discussed. Major sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Regulating Streaming Services with the CRTC under New Management
- Social Media: New Challenges and Opportunities
- Online Harm: Can New Legislation Address This?
- Role and Budget of Public Broadcasting
- Requiring Google and Meta to Support Canadian News Media
- Revenue Projections for the Digital Media Universe
There will also be sessions devoted to competition policy, the role and impact of algorithms, and the definition of Canadian content.
The regular registration fee for the 2-day Zoom conference is $39. However, since PEN Canada is a sponsor of DM@X, PEN members will receive a discounted rate of $19.